Monday, January 24, 2011

Internship post 7: Monday, 24 2011

1. Describe what you are most thankful for in your internship experience—what experiences, what people, and so on? What new appreciations have you gained through internship and how did you develop these?

First off, I'm most thankful for having my internship at the Zoo. Just being out in that environment is nice, whenever I get a chance on a less-than-stellar day I can take some time to go out and about to relax a bit. As far experiences, there are a few that I am particularly thankful for. During my internship there was a day were I helped my mentor organize plant material, and during that day whenever there was something of interest he would take it aside and show me something unique about it. For example there was a seed pod that had fibers coming out, he shined a light on it and it refracted the light. There was also a pine cone that closed and opened depending on moisture.

Along with all of this, I'm very thankful for my mentor and his attitude towards everything we've done together. I see him smiling most of the time, he takes breaks from his work sometimes just to converse with me about anything, and I feel like thats really relieving for me. It seems like he takes a personal interest in me, and not just making me do work and leaving me on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment