Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Internship post 5: Wednesday, January 19 2011

6. What are you thankful for in your internship experience?

There are many things that I am thankful for in this particular internship. The first one being one of the mini project I did which involved organizing a lot of plant material. Every little piece we looked at, my mentor would give me background information on it and it wasn't something boring or trivial it something interesting and engaging. A good example was watching a pine cone close its self up after being exposed to water, or an airborne seed that has special fibers on it which reflect light in a very peculiar way, almost like a miniature light show.

I also am thankful for how much of an interest my mentor takes in me. He does not give me an assignment and leave me alone. He directs me, assists me, and lets me know of anything of particular interest. The fellow employees I get to work with also help me, even if it's not with my work they can help me find things around the workplace, they can be as simple as the bathroom to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment